Parents have been a significant part of Joshua Academy’s success. As is thoroughly documented time and time again, a child’s academic success is strongly linked to parental involvement. Parents are required to sign a parent contract clearly expressing the school’s expectations and what the parents can expect from Joshua Academy. Parents are expected to participate in Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) as well as to commit to volunteering at least 20 hours per school year in school related activities. Parents are expected to attend conferences, workshops, school events and support their child/children by making sure assignments are completed and children are at school on time and are prepared physically, mentally, and socially for learning.
• Establishing a moral emphasis in PTF activities to encourage fellowship and growth among students, parents, teachers, and administration.
• Encourage a cooperative relationship between school and home providing a structure through which parents, grandparents, etc. can be involved in Joshua Academy.
• Promoting Joshua Academy programs including raising funds for the benefit of Joshua Academy.
‣ Snack provider
‣ Field Trip chaperone
‣ Classroom Helper
‣ Tutor (requires approval of Assistant Principal)
‣ Help supervise lunch and recess times (requires administrative approval)
‣ Purchasing needed items for classroom
‣ Sharing a skill with students
‣ Classroom or school speaker
‣ Leading parent workshop
‣ Sharing skill with parents
‣ Office Helper (requires approval of Ms. Hoye)
The objective of the PTF is to provide a framework in which parents, teachers, and the administration, through effective communication work together for the best interest of the students’ academic, physical, and emotional development.